Sacramental Review Spreadsheet
The 1st Year Confirmation Sacramental Review Spreadsheet is for you and your child to use to see what has been completed.
This spreadsheet will be updated on Sunday evenings for you to check each Monday. We try our best, but if you ever notice a discrepancy, please email Mary Beth Balint: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer Review will take place quarterly with your Group Leaders. A list of all the prayers your candidate needs to recite each quarter is below.
Being able to explain your faith is important as a newly confirmed Catholic. These required Apologetics sessions will help you do just that! Choose one session time in the fall and one session time in the spring for a parent and the candidate to attend.
Fall: What is True Happiness?
Fri, Nov 3, 7:00-8:30pm OR Sat, Nov 4, 10:00am-11:30am
Spring: Is There Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God?
Fri, Jan, 26, 7:00-8:30pm OR Sat, Jan 27, 10:00am-11:30am
Prove It God!
This assignment is DUE MARCH 1, 2024
Saint of the Week!
Each week complete a little lesson on a saint so you can learn more about them and their lives. Maybe you will be called to choose one of them as your Confirmation saint! To help keep on track, the forms will close on the dates indicated so be sure to complete them on time. All the saint forms for each quarter will be open until their close date so feel free to work ahead!
You will receive an email confirmation that we have received and recorded your saint form. Please wait until at least one week past the due date for that confirmation.
If you miss a week, we will not be opening the saint forms again, but the candidates can make up the saint form by using the biography link and following the steps below. These must be turned in by the end of each quarter to receive credit.
How to Submit the Saint Form Make-up
1) Under each saint form link, there is a link to the biography of that saint. Have your child read the biographies for the saint forms they are missing.
2) After they read each biography, they need to write FIVE meaningful facts that they learned about each saint (NOT just the year they died or what they are the patron saint of, however ONE of these types of facts is acceptable per saint).
3) All the saints they are missing should be written about separately in one document. Please only send ONE typed document with ALL the saints they need to complete included. The write-ups for each individual saint can be written as a list of facts or a paragraph. Please have them title each saint write-up with the week number and saint name (ex: Week 6: Saint Benedict). Make sure they put their name at the top of the document!
4) If they turn in this make-up incomplete (not enough facts or incorrect information) they will not receive credit so please review the document with your child before you send it!
5) It can be emailed to email@example.com. Please use this subject so it is not missed: Saint Form Make up- Child’s First and Last Name (ex: Saint Form Make up- Sally Jones)
Quarter 1 Saint Forms (will open Sunday, Sept 3)
Week 1 Saint: Blessed Mother (form closes Friday, Sept 8)
Week 2 Saint: St. Therese, The Little Flower (form closes Friday, Sept 15)
Week 3 Saint: St. John the Evangelist (form closes Friday, Sept 22)
Week 4 Saint: St. Francis of Assisi (form closes Friday, Sept 29)
Week 5 Saint: St. Louis Marie de Montfort (form closes Friday, Oct 6)
Quarter 2 Saint Forms (will open Sunday, Oct 29)
Week 6 Saint: St. Benedict (form closes Friday, Nov 3)
Week 7 Saint: St. Scholastica (form closes Friday, Nov 10)
Week 8 Saint: St. Joseph (form closes Friday, Nov 17)
Week 9 Saint: St. Cecilia (form closes Friday, Dec 1)
Week 10 Saint: St. Teresa of Calcutta (form closes Friday, Dec 8)
Week 11 Saint: St. Athanasius (form closes Friday, Dec 15)
Quarter 3 Saint Forms (will open Sunday, Jan 7)
Week 12 Saint: St. Bernadette (form closes Friday, Jan 12)
Week 13: St. John the Baptist (form closes Friday, Jan 19)
Week 14: St. Augustine (form closes Friday, Jan 26)
Week 15: St. Monica (form closes Friday, Feb 2)
Week 16: St. Dominic Savio (form closes Friday, Feb 9)
Week 17: St. John Bosco (form closes Friday, Feb 16)
Week 18: St. Gianna Beretta Molla (form closes Friday, Feb 23)
Quarter 4 Saint Forms (will open Sunday, March 10)
Week 19: St. Kateri Tekakwitha (form closes Friday, Mar 15)
Week 20: St. Martin de Porres (form closes Friday, Mar 22)
Week 21: St. Martin of Tours (form closes Friday, April 5)
Week 22: St. Peter (form closes Friday, April 12)
Week 23: St. Paul (form closes, Friday, April 19)
Week 24: St. Anthony of Padua (form closes Friday, April 26)