Apps and Online Resources
- iPieta is a comprehensive app for tablets and mobile phones that includes prayers (some with audio!), Bible texts, an entire library of books and devotionals, a calendar of both the Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms of the Mass, the readings each day in the Ordinary Form and the entire Mass text each day in the Extraordinary Form, the traditional Divine Office, Stations of the Cross, examination of conscience and more.
- PhoneMissal.com offers English translations of the Extraordinary Form Mass in a mobile friendly format for viewing on phones and tablets.
- Laudate is another very comprehensive and popular app for phones and tablets, including the text of the Mass in the Ordinary Form.
- Truth and Life app for phones and tablets offers free and paid resources, including a professional dramatized recording of the New Testament.
- iMass is the app version of the LiveMass apostolate of the Fraternity of St. Peter and also includes a link to the text of the Mass of the day to help pray the prayers of the Mass.
- iBreviary offers the text for the Liturgy of the Hours (Ordinary Form) as well as the Ordinary Form Mass texts and readings for each day.
- BrevMeum offers the text for the Divine Office (Extraordinary Form) with side-by-side Latin and English. Those new to praying the Office may find it easiest to start by praying Prime each morning and Compline before bed. (The same texts are available in the iPieta app.)
- Square Note is an app designed to help you learn Gregorian chant for both the Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms.
Ordinary Form Masses Online
- Check out Holy Trinity’s YouTube channel for information on upcoming live and past recorded Masses.
- The Arlington Diocese has a Mass on television each Sunday at 10:30a, which is also available online.
- Canons Regular of St. John Cantius in Chicago live streams and records all of their Masses (both Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms) as well as vespers and compline each day.
Extraordinary Form Masses Online
- LiveMass.net is an apostolate of the Fraternity of Saint Peter and offers live and recorded Masses from several of their parishes around the world.
- The Institute of Christ the King schedule of live stream Masses is available here.
- Canons Regular of St. John Cantius in Chicago live stream and record all of their Masses (both Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms) as well as vespers and compline each day.
Audio Sermons, Missions, Talks, and Conferences
- Walk Humbly is the podcast of Bishop Burbidge.
- Father James Hudgins is a priest of the Arlington Diocese.
- ReginaProphetarum offers traditional sermons.
- Institute of Catholic Culture is based in our diocese and has a wide variety of talks and conferences available.
- Pints with Aquinas is a podcast hosted by Matt Fradd with frequent guest Fr. Gregory Pine, O.P. on a wide variety of topics. It is available on all major podcast platforms.
- The Basilica of Saint Mary Podcast is hosted by the priests of this Old Town Alexandria parish and is available on all of the major podcast platforms.
- Msgr. Charles Pope is a priest of the Archdiocese of Washington and on his website has a number of mission talks and a catalogue of recordings of many of his homilies.
Prayer Resources Posts from the Homepage
- Stations of the CrossNOTE: We are unable to provide booklets for the Stations of the Cross. You may follow along below on your … Continue reading “Stations of the Cross”
- Parish-wide Consecration to St. Joseph, February 2, 2021Prayer in English: Oración en español:
- Advent Retreat!Click here to register
- Nine Days That Changed the World – Coincidence?Pope St. John Paul II’s 1st Visit to Poland as Pope – June 2-10, 1979 (9th centenary year after the … Continue reading “Nine Days That Changed the World – Coincidence?”
- An Angel’s Jealousy?Dear Holy Trinity Parishioners! Please forgive my tardiness in getting out information to all of you regarding our status at … Continue reading “An Angel’s Jealousy?”
- Tips on Making a Good ConfessionConfessions will be offered again regularly starting on Saturday, May 2nd. See the schedule page for times.
- Printable Acts of Spiritual CommunionHere is a pdf of the Acts of Spiritual Communion referenced in this post that you can easily print.
- A few Spiritual Communion prayersWe have several options for making a Spiritual Communion. You can find them all by clicking on “continue reading”, below. … Continue reading “A few Spiritual Communion prayers”
- Making a Spiritual CommunionFr. John Zuhlsdorf (a.k.a. Fr. Z) runs one of the most popular Catholic blogs and as dioceses began contemplating suspending … Continue reading “Making a Spiritual Communion”
- Prayer in Times of EpidemicThe priests of the Fraternity of Saint Peter have begun to pray a prayer from the Roman Ritual after each … Continue reading “Prayer in Times of Epidemic”